New entry requirement for Canada Travel professionals should be aware that Canada is introducing an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for visa-exempt foreign nationals travelling to Canada by air. Exceptions include American citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa.
When eTA will be implemented and who it will apply to
Starting March 15, 2016, citizens from countries other than the United States (U.S.) who do not need a visa to enter Canada will need to obtain an eTA before flying to or transiting through Canada. View the list of countries and how to apply for an eTA.
Quick, easy online application process Travellers can now go online and apply for their eTA ahead of the mandatory enforcement date of March 15, 2016. Applying for an eTA is a simple, inexpensive ($7 Canadian) and fast online process. In most cases, the eTA will be granted within minutes of an individual applying.
1. An eTA:
– costs only $7 Canadian
– is valid for 5 years or until the passport expires, whichever comes first;
– is electronically linked to the passport number entered when someone applies for an eTA, which means the individual will need to travel to Canada with that passport; and
– allows for multiple entries to Canada.
3. You must apply for an eTA one person at a time. Each application must be paid for at the time of submission. For example, for a family of three people, you will need to complete and submit the form and pay the fee three times.
4. Visa, Mastercard and American Express, including prepaid Visa, Mastercard and American Express cards, are the only accepted forms of payment. There are no refunds for the eTA application fee.
Heartland is an official IELTS Test Centre.
IELTS is the International English Language Testing System, the world’s proven English language test.
IELTS is accepted as evidence of English language proficiency by over 9,000 organisations worldwide. IELTS is recognised as a secure, valid and reliable indicator of true-to-life ability to communicate in English for education, immigration and professional accreditation.
IELTS is jointly owned by British Council, IDP: IELTS Australia and Cambridge English Language Assessment through more than 1000 test centres and locations in over 140 countries.
December 8th to 15th, 2017. Hot Beverage Week in the Exchange is your chance to taste the best hot bevies our Exchange District bartenders and baristas can dream up, for one week only! These tasty sig...